The 2023 MQG Modern X Quilt Exhibit
10 years of QuiltCon—can you believe it? The first QuiltCon was held ten years ago, in 2013, and we’re celebrating with a special 10th Anniversary exhibit at QuiltCon 2023 in Atlanta.
The 2023 MQG Modern X Exhibit is a design-focused challenge open to all MQG members. Drawing inspiration from the Roman numeral for ten, the X symbol is common in many quilt blocks through time, from traditional blocks such as the Crossroads block to the modern X/Plus block. The 2023 QuiltCon logo features the X, and we can’t wait to see what modern quilts showcasing X shapes our members make for this special exhibit at QuiltCon 2023.
MQG Modern X Quilt Exhibit Rules:
- Must be an MQG member to enter.
- Eligible quilts must use an ‘X’ shape as a primary element in the design.
- Size restrictions follow the same standard as all QuiltCon quilts — there is no minimum size — there is a maximum of 440″ total perimeter (with no single side larger than 110″).
- Quilts will be juried into the exhibit, but not judged and not eligible for prizes.
- Quilt entries will be open from September 1 to October 31, 2022 (the same as all QuiltCon show entries). More details about entering will be given when the entry guidelines are published.