QUILTCON QUILT GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
THE QUILTCON QUILTS GIVEAWAY is sponsored by the The Modern Quilt Guild, Inc. (“MQG”), a nonprofit corporation with 501(c)(3), federal I.D. #45-4151809. The MQG supports and encourages the growth and development of modern quilting through art, education, and community. Donations to the MQG will be tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
NO PURCHASE, CONTRIBUTION, DONATION OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE CONTRIBUTION, DONATION, OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility – 2021 QuiltCon Quilts Giveaway (”Giveaway”) is open only to legal residents of the U.S. and Canadian residents (Except Quebec), and to residents of other countries and U.S. territories and possessions only where offered and permitted by law. Must be 18 or older to enter. All residents of countries subject to embargo by the United States of America (including, but not limited to, Iran and North Korea) are prohibited from entering Giveaway. The Modern Quilt Guild, hereinafter referred to as “MQG,” makes no representation that materials on the sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to enter Giveaway from other locations do so of their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Void in Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. No employees of MQG or members of its Board of Directors or their immediate family members (defined as spouse or children) are eligible to participate. The same ineligibility applies to consultants, Administrator, their employees and immediate family members (defined as spouse or children) that provided web site or database related services for Giveaway. Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to Giveaway. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor/Charity –The sole and exclusive sponsor of THE QUILTCON QUILTS GIVEAWAY is the MODERN QUILT GUILD (“MQG”), a nonprofit corporation with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, federal I.D. #45-4151809, whose mission is to support and encourage the growth and development of modern quilting through art, education, and community. ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE GIVEAWAY WILL BENEFIT THE MQG. All entries containing a contribution must be made payable to MQG. Donations will be tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Consult your tax advisor. Additional charitable or non-profit organizations may benefit by receiving grants from Sponsor as a result of this giveaway.
The Modern Quilt Guild
4470 W. Sunset Blvd. #226
Los Angeles, CA 90027
3. Administrator – Administrator of Giveaway is Sponsor.
4. Timing - Giveaway begins on January 1st, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“CST”) and ends on February 22, 2021 5:00 p.m. EST (the “Promotion Period”). Database server containing entry data is the official time keeping device for Giveaway. Giveaway may be ended early for promotional, logistical or operational purposes, and if so, all eligible entries will be included and the winner selection method will not change and the ending date will be published on the official giveaway website.
5. How to Enter – While Sponsor encourages your donation with entry, there is no fee or charge to participate in Giveaway. You are under no obligation to make a donation and you cannot be barred from participation if you choose not to make a donation. Making a donation will not increase your odds of winning.
Below are the methods to enter Giveaway:
• Enter via donation during registration. A giveaway ticket will be given with the donation.
• Free Entry Method – Mail one 3×5 card to MODERN QUILT GUILD PO Box 1871 Seguin, TX 78156. The following information must be clearly hand written in ink: name, address, date of birth, telephone, e-mail and where you heard about the Giveaway. If any of this information is missing or the entry form is electronically produced rather than hand written, the entry will be invalid. Limit one entry per person per address per day. Entrants will receive an e-mail confirmation containing their entry. The entrant can then print their entry and or store as desired.
6. Conditions – Mail in entries must be received at the Sponsor’s address no later than February 18, 2021 11:59 p.m. EST or no later than the date published by the MQG if the giveaway is ended early. The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or multiple entries sent in bulk mail, or like methods (including without limitation the use of any promotion/sweepstakes subscription, notification entry or like sites or services that offers sweepstakes entry services “on behalf of” entrant) is strictly prohibited. For all Entries:
Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s plays and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Conditional winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
7. Winner Selection: On or about February 22, 2021 7:00 p.m. EST, the Prize Winner(s) from among all eligible Giveaway entries will be randomly selected by a hand drawing in front of an audience.
8. Winner Notification – The Grand Prize Winner(s) will be notified using the contact information entered on the ticket form, within 3 days from the drawing, that they were selected as a Grand Prize Winner. The winner need not be present at drawing. If Sponsor is unable to contact the Grand Prize Winner(s), or if the Grand Prize Winner(s) fail to respond to Sponsor’s contact within three days from notification, that Prize Winner will be disqualified and another Prize Winner will be selected.
9. Odds of Winning - Odds of winning = 1 divided by total number of tickets issued, therefore, odds of winning the drawing depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
10. Grand-Prize - One (1) Grand-Prize will be awarded. The Grand-Prize is 1) ) The Corsage Quilt – Designed and made by Stefanie Satterwhite and quilted by Matt Macomber. Approximate retail value of the Grand-Prize is $1500.00. per quilt. The Grand- Prize will be awarded at conclusion of the QUILT CON Together online on February 22, 2021 or at a reasonable alternate location and date determined solely by the Sponsor. The Grand-Prize Winner agrees to participate in the award ceremony as a condition to receive the prize. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
11. Prize Representations - MQG makes no representations as to condition of the Grand- Prizes, . Grand-Prize Winners agree to accept the Grand-Prize “AS IS.”
12. Entry Conditions and Release - By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or the Administrator which are binding and final in all matters relating to Giveaway; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Giveaway, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Giveaway, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of a prize.
13. Publicity - Except where prohibited, participation in the Giveaway constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
14. General Conditions - Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All taxes related to awarded prize are winner’s responsibility.
15. Limitations of Liability - The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt acceptance or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Giveaway play, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims. In the event that information, in any published ad, press release, article, brochure, or any other communication regarding the Giveaway conflicts with the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall take precedence over all other communications or published materials. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Giveaway to correct typographical errors or maintain legal compliance, and such changes shall become effective on the date published on the WEBSITE.
16. Disputes – Entrant agrees that: This Giveaway, and the rights and obligations thereunder, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding conflicts of law rules which might apply the law of a different jurisdiction. Best efforts will be used to resolve any and all claims and disputes arising under the Giveaway through good faith negotiations and without initially resorting to litigation, arbitration or other similar proceedings. Any dispute, controversy or claim relating to this Giveaway, including but not limited to the interpretation thereof, or its breach or existence, which cannot be resolved amicably, shall be referred to arbitration, which shall be the sole and exclusive forum for resolution and settlement of any dispute, controversy or claim between the parties. The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then in force. Any award of the arbitral authority shall be final and binding upon the parties with respect to all disputes, claims or controversies therein and the parties shall comply without delay. Any and all claims, judgments and awards by the arbitral authority shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway. The arbitral authority shall, in its award fix and award the costs and reasonable attorney’s fees to the prevailing party of the arbitration. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. The award of the arbitral authority may be enforced by any court having jurisdiction of the party against which the award has been rendered or where assets of the party against which the award has been rendered can be located. The parties further understand and agree that arbitration shall be the sole and exclusive forum for resolving any dispute, controversy or claim relating to this Giveaway and that neither party shall resort to any court except to compel arbitration, refer questions of law or to confirm, vacate or modify any such award. (d). Except where prohibited, any and all legal action, suit or proceeding with respect to the Giveaway will be resolved individually, without respect to any form of class action.
17. Promotion Results – For Giveaway results go to WEBSITE or send a hand-printed, selfaddressed, stamped envelope to Quilt Winners List – 4470 W. Sunset Blvd. #226, Los Angeles, CA 90027. Requests for the winner list must be received by April 1st, 2021.
18. Acceptance of Rules - Participation in the Giveaway constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of the Official Rules and winning the Giveaway is contingent upon fulfilling all the rules and requirements set forth therein.